Monday, May 14, 2012

Rad Rocket Invitation Set

I'm behind on my goal of a set a week (umm...as in like 2 MONTHS behind. Ouch.), but I've got some more ideas in the works and hope to get back on task!  This party was inspired by a little boy that I get the privilege of hanging out with a couple of times a week.  He loves rockets!  He was a rocket for Halloween, he has rocket toys, and turns things that are not rockets (carrots for example) into a rocket.  I couldn't resist making the rocket orange in honor of the carrot :), and I'm a big fan of the retro feel of an orange/turquoise-ish blue color combo, and from there the Rad Rocket Invitation set was born.  You can find all of the pieces for sale in my Etsy shop!

 If you need a little inspiration on how to put together a rocket party...check out some of these ideas:

I love these cute little rocket party favors from Martha Stewart.  When you click on that link it will give you the step-by-step instruction on how to make them, and you could easily change out your paper and candy (maybe something fun to go with theme - like Pop Rocks? :)) to coordinate with the colors of your party. What a fun and adorable idea!

Need a cake to go with your party theme?  Check out this fun and simple rocket cake from Parenting magazine.

What would a little boy's rocket themed party be without an actual rocket launch?  Check out this great idea for a water bottle rocket launcher from Me and My Insanity.  That sounds like a "blast" of a way to top off a fun birthday party!



1 comment: